WHAT IS INCLUDED?
- Common application essay with relatively unlimited revisions
- All supplemental essays for as many colleges as you are applying to with relatively unlimited revisions
- Limited scholarship essays through Jan 15
- Interview preparation
WHAT IS THE PROCESS?
Applies to all essays
- Your teen and I have a phone conversation to produce the best possible subject for an essay.
- Your teen drafts the essay and emails it to me. I return it with edits and suggestions (probably destroying his self-esteem in the process). *Sarcasm: Just another service I provide
- Your teen revises the essay based on my notes.
- Revisions and notes continue until the essay is polished and perfected.
- The process then starts again with the next essay.
WHAT IS THE COST?
- No hourly rate surprises. One reasonable package price. Call me for details. “Early Bird” Discount – start before September 1st.
- There is no limit or cost for the times we speak on the phone or text
- The revisions are (relatively) unlimited
- There is a "Twin Discount"
THIS IS ALL THROUGH EMAIL AND PHONE? YOU NEVER MEET WITH THE STUDENT IN PERSON?
- I have a national and international client base. No one ever feels "abandoned" or "out there alone."
- It makes sense for tutors (SAT, ACT, etc.) to sit with your teen. However, with essays, one person is writing or reading, the other is sitting and "waiting." Secondly, it's much more time efficient via email. If your teen sees someone on Tuesdays and writes an essay on Wednesday, he has to wait a week before it's reviewed. With me, he can be inspired at 2am on any given night and more than likely, I will see it later the same day so the whole process goes much quicker. I am also accessible by text, cell and email throughout the process. Your teen will never feel like he is alone in this. I am always available for questions and concerns.
DO YOU HAVE SEVERAL PACKAGES?
No. You do NOT want someone to just help with the common application essay and not the supplemental essays. If you do, the common application essay will clearly have a different tone than the other essays which will make it appear as if you had many hands involved with the common application essay. Additionally, I believe the supplemental essays are more important than the common application essay. They are specific to the needs of the college.
HOW DO I PAY?
A 50% deposit when we start. You are paying for my expertise. I don’t charge by the essay or by the hour. The balance is due 30 days from the time we begin.
WHAT IS A “REASONABLE TURNAROUND?”
On my part, 1 to 3 days barring unavoidable delays like a Grand Jury Indictment or Zombie invasion.
DO YOU HELP WITH OTHER ASPECTS OF THE APPLICATION PROCESS LIKE FINANCIAL SERVICES?
Proudly, NO. I specialize in just one thing in order to give my full attention to each student; guaranteeing true personalized service. I refuse to sacrifice quality by giving “just enough time” so I can squeeze in other components and outsource where possible. My expertise is in one thing...the essay process to give you the edge over all other candidates.
SHOULD I SHOW MY ESSAYS TO MY ENGLISH TEACHER?
There is a writers joke: “How many writers does it take to change a light bulb?” “Does it have to be a light bulb?” People bring their own sensibilities to a text. Asking for multiple opinions will only serve to confuse you and waste valuable time. Please trust my years of experience and my successful track record. Naturally, parents should of course see the essays!